Initial cards

Initial cards
working on Initial Cards for friends' birthdays

Monday, 13 March 2017

Getting back to doll making!




Folk Art Dolls  also see HERE for more on dolls
I have finished the dolls I want to take to the Thrift Shop tomorrow. I thought these hand painted folk Art style kitties might be something different. 
 They have been a lot of fun to make, and I have plans for more kitties, but want to make some "Muse Dolls" using Barb Owen's inspiration. 






Bodies made, now for the heads!
This was a small-ish doll, but I didn't like the short legs, so I have begun to wrap her body, and will make her into a  "Muse Doll" of some sort. She might go into the shop at a later date.














I am doing a "Mine your Muse' course with 
Barb Owen  . I am enjoying it very much, and it feels good to be both drawing and making dolls.These are nearly ready for the final step in the process!The shape below is my own pattern.The next ones will be my own drawings.



  

13 comments:

  1. Hi Judy. My word - you are one busy lady! So good to see you so very creative - well done.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #5

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been good therapy to be so busy.Can't wait to take the things to the shop!

      Delete
  2. That's an amazing amount of work. Love those kitties. Sarah #25

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did get a bit carried away, but it won't need so much work, once the little display area is set up.I have various "themes" in mind for the next few months.Then it will be Christmas- my fav decorating theme (and Time).!!

      Delete
  3. Happy WOYWW. Your creations are fabulous as ever. I love the kitties. Ali x #27

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creations! Love the cats. I'm sure they will be a great hit!

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon K #31

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunningly gorgeous, what a treat it would be to own such a colourful little treasure. And clearly made with a lot of love. dx 13

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Judy, so many pretty things to look at. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz#8, XxXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So love your dolls Judy, gorgeous. Happy crafty woyww, Angela x19x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aha, the cats are great, I love coming here for an infusion of colour and shimmer. As for a display, wow, just pack in as much as you can, your work is such fun that the more choice the better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dolls are lovely. Thank you for sharing. April #29

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE those kitty dolls! Making muses is fun. I make then on paper! Thanks for sharing! Lindart #39

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the kitties with the vibrant colours, thanks for the visit. I am just learning the harp btw. BJ#9

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment

Enjoy your day today!